The look of your office is part of the whole dental spa experience, so make sure that your décor and color choices are calming and cohesive!
First, how do you feel about your logo and branding? If you are happy with what you have going, try to stick with similar colors throughout your office, keeping in mind that neutrals in the gray and brown palettes are most aesthetically pleasing and most spa-like. Don’t be afraid of color. White, although it’s crisp and clean, often has a sterile look, so opt for creamy beiges over stark white if you aren’t into a lot of color.
In compliment to your color scheme, adding natural elements such as stone and wood can really increase the quality of your look. Make sure that everything you choose flows nicely together for a seamless and relaxing feel.
Some things we have added that contribute to our spa environment:
- We replaced carpet in the treatment rooms with luxury vinyl tile in a rich-looking, dark wood grain.
- Wall colors in the treatment rooms are a light creamy brown.
- Curtains are a creamy brown color within the same palette as the walls.
- We use light colored decorative baskets in the front office to store lab cases ready for pick up.
- We used stone on our exterior sign and have plans to incorporate a similar stone in the hallways of the office in the future.
- Our blankets and knee pillows are dark brown – less staining, consistent with wall colors.
Consider colors with your team’s scrub choices. Stay away from busy patterns and for a really cohesive look, have everyone wear the same color on particular days. Rather than going with a traditional white coat for the doctor, Dr. Martin dresses business casual (ready for networking events in the evening!) and then wears a navy or gray coat on top when performing dental procedures.
No matter what colors you choose, the paint, décor, and logo should all look consistent for the most professional and spa-like feel.